YSB Board of Directors
YSB’s Board of Directors is the governing body of the organization. Its role is to articulate our mission, set our strategic direction, define our goals, and measure and report on our performance.
The Board’s principal responsibilities include:
- Appointing the executive director and evaluating his or her performance
- Establishing broad policies and objectives
- Setting performance benchmarks for programs
- Approving annual budgets and ensuring availability of adequate resources
- Being accountable to the public, donors and supporters through an annual report
- Promoting YSB in our community
The current Board of Directors is a group of 16 highly regarded professionals from the local community, chosen for their unique skills, perspectives and experiences. The Board demonstrates considerable expertise in the following areas: management, social work, psychiatry, criminology, technology, performance measurement, finance, fund development, law, education, social services, taxation, and public relations.
With their combined talents and shared commitment to serving youth, the directors enhance the performance of YSB.