Where do I belong?
Our street-front program, The Downtown Services and Drop-in, provides a safe and welcoming place for youth living on the streets or in poverty. It also offers a variety of evening drop-ins:
- Thursday: Women’s Drop-in – 6 pm to 8:30 pm
- Wednesday: LGBTTQ Drop-in – 7 pm to 9 pm (offered at Pink Triangle Services at 251 Bank Street)
- SHAG’ed: Last Thursday of every month, Gay Zone LGBTTQ Drop-in 6 pm to 8 pm. Click here for more info about Gay Zone.
YSB is always happy to hear from youth who are passionate about making a difference in their communities. Here are some of our current youth advisories:
- The Ethno-cultural Youth Advisory works to make sure that the needs of immigrant youth and their families are met and that their transition to Canadian society goes smoothly.
- The Purple Sisters Youth Advisory brings attention to the needs of young women in the community — such as help addressing abuse or inequalities in the workplace, legal and school systems.
- The Harm Reduction Youth Advisory highlights users’ need for clean supplies and access to health care.
- The Rainbow Youth Advisory educates the community about the needs of gay, lesbian, bi-sexual, two-spirit, transgender, questioning or queer (GLBTTQ) youth.
- The Sexual Health Youth Advisory promotes positive, open discussion about all things related to sex and sexuality—relationships, flirting, safe sex practices, how-to instruction, and more.
If you’d like to offer education, guidance or support to others, or simply want your voice to be heard, contact our Youth Engagement program co-ordinator.